Saturday 29 September 2012

Piping Practice

It's a really busy time of year right now with the start of the new academic year. Why did I think it was a good idea to start a blog now?? I've wanted to start a new blog for a long time. I was full of energy during our stay-cation in August, but now.... Well, I guess the name Not Enough Hours in the Day is just very much appropriate!

So, here is an old picture from one of my first attempts using my pastry bag. It was a good project to practice piping on:


I made guacamole (no recipe, just winged it) and cut cherry tomatoes in half. I scooped out the insides of the tomatoes and piped the guacamole in with a star tip. Easy, ok-looking (the next attempt was much prettier, but I don't have a picture of that and tasty.

One thing I learned, though -- and this is true for deviled eggs too -- is to food-process the mixture going into the piping bag much longer than I think I need to. If there are any lumps at all, the mixture will "burp" out and cause you to loose your grove.

No comments:

Post a Comment